- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
289 Magruder Hall
541-737-5361 (voice mail)
- 1999- Endocrine Society Travel Award, 81st Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- 2003- Endocrine Society Travel Award, 85th Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA
- 2004- International Society for Endocrinology Travel Award, 12th Congress, Lisboa, Portugal
- 2009- Top Prof Award, Oregon State University Mortar Board
Professional and Research Interests:
- Reproductive neuroendocrinology and neurosecretion
- Circadian control of reproductive capacity, at the level of the hypothalamus and gonads
- Sex steroid hormone modulation of neuronal gene expression and activity
- Role of the circadian clock in initiation/progression of reproductive cancers
Chappell PE, Schneider JS, Kim P, Xu M, Lydon JP, O'Malley BW, Levine JE. 1999. Absence of gonadotropin surges and gonadotropin-releasing hormone self-priming in ovariectomized (OVX), estrogen (E2)-treated, progesterone receptor knockout (PRKO) mice.. Endocrinology. 140(8):3653-8.
Zhen S, Dunn IC, Wray S, Liu Y, Chappell PE, Levine JE, Radovick S. 1997. An alternative gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) RNA splicing product found in cultured GnRH neurons and mouse hypothalamus.. The Journal of biological chemistry. 272(19):12620-5.