- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
A. Morrie Craig
- 1996 OAS Scientist of the Year
Professional and Research Interests:
- Toxicology and detoxification of plants
- Endophyte toxicosis
- Tansy ragwort toxicosis
- Aflatoxin toxicosis
- Role of antioxidants in health and disease conditions
- Biodegradation of environmental pollutants, particularly oil spills and TNT
- Drug testing in animal athletes, including sled dogs and racing pigeons
Tor-Agbidye J, Palmer VS, Sabri MI, Craig AM, Blythe LL, Spencer PS. 1998. Dietary deficiency of cystine and methionine in rats alters thiol homeostasis required for cyanide detoxification.. Journal of toxicology and environmental health. Part A. 55(8):583-95.
Blythe LL, Hultgren BD, Craig AM, Appell LH, Lassen ED, Mattson DE, Duffield D. 1991. Clinical, viral, and genetic evaluation of equine degenerative myeloencephalopathy in a family of Appaloosas.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 198(6):1005-13.
Blythe LL, Craig AM, Lassen ED, Rowe KE, Appell LH. 1991. Serially determined plasma alpha-tocopherol concentrations and results of the oral vitamin E absorption test in clinically normal horses and in horses with degenerative myeloencephalopathy.. American journal of veterinary research. 52(6):908-11.