- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Jean A. Hall
Small Animal Internal Medicine
206 Dryden Hall
- American College of Vet Internal Medicine 1987
- 1990 Post-doctor Fellowship at OHSU: Lipid Metabolism
- 1989 PhD Colorado State University: Physiology
- 1987 MS Colorado State University: Clinical Sciences
- 1982 DVM Washington State University (summa cum laude)
- 1981 BS Oregon State University: General Science (with highest scholarship)
Professional and Research Interests:
- Nephrology and SDMA
- Nutrition and immunology
- Effects of selenium supplementation on immune responses in sheep and cattle
- Effects of dietary (n–3) fatty acids and antioxidants on immune responses in dogs and cats
Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Melendez LD, Jewell DE. Relationship between lean body mass and serum renal biomarkers in healthy dogs. J Vet Int Med.
Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Jewell DE. 2014. Comparison of serum concentrations of symmetric dimethylarginine and creatinine as kidney function biomarkers in cats with chronic kidney disease.. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 28(6):1676-83.
Hall JA, Bobe G, Vorachek WR, Estill CT, Mosher WD, Pirelli GJ, Gamroth M. 2014. Effect of supranutritional maternal and colostral selenium supplementation on passive absorption of immunoglobulin G in selenium-replete dairy calves.. Journal of dairy science. 97(7):4379-91.
Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Yu S, Jewell DE. 2014. Comparison of serum concentrations of symmetric dimethylarginine and creatinine as kidney function biomarkers in healthy geriatric cats fed reduced protein foods enriched with fish oil, L-carnitine, and medium-chain triglycerides.. Veterinary journal (London, England : 1997). 202(3):588-96.
Hall JA, Bobe G, Vorachek WR, Kasper K, Traber MG, Mosher WD, Pirelli GJ, Gamroth M. 2014. Effect of supranutritional organic selenium supplementation on postpartum blood micronutrients, antioxidants, metabolites, and inflammation biomarkers in selenium-replete dairy cows.. Biological trace element research. 161(3):272-87.
Hugejiletu H, Bobe G, Vorachek WR, Gorman EM, Mosher WD, Pirelli GJ, Hall JA. 2013. Selenium supplementation alters gene expression profiles associated with innate immunity in whole-blood neutrophils of sheep.. Biological trace element research. 154(1):28-44.