- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Jean A. Hall
Small Animal Internal Medicine
206 Dryden Hall
- American College of Vet Internal Medicine 1987
- 1990 Post-doctor Fellowship at OHSU: Lipid Metabolism
- 1989 PhD Colorado State University: Physiology
- 1987 MS Colorado State University: Clinical Sciences
- 1982 DVM Washington State University (summa cum laude)
- 1981 BS Oregon State University: General Science (with highest scholarship)
Professional and Research Interests:
- Nephrology and SDMA
- Nutrition and immunology
- Effects of selenium supplementation on immune responses in sheep and cattle
- Effects of dietary (n–3) fatty acids and antioxidants on immune responses in dogs and cats
Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Melendez LD, Jewell DE. Relationship between lean body mass and serum renal biomarkers in healthy dogs. J Vet Int Med.
Hall JA, Chinn RM, Vorachek WR, Gorman EM, Greitl JL, Joshi DK, Jewell DE. 2011. Influence of dietary antioxidants and fatty acids on neutrophil mediated bacterial killing and gene expression in healthy Beagles.. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology. 139(2-4):217-28.
Hall JA, Harwell AM, Van Saun RJ, Vorachek WR, Stewart WC, Galbraith ML, Hooper KJ, Hunter JK, Mosher WD, Pirelli GJ. 2011. Agronomic biofortification with selenium: Effects on whole blood selenium and humoral immunity in beef cattle.. Animal Feed Science and Technology . 164:184-190.
Luckschander N, Hall JA, Gaschen F, Forster U, Wenzlow N, Hermann P, Allenspach K, Dobbelaere D, Burgener IA, Welle M. 2010. Activation of nuclear factor-kappaB in dogs with chronic enteropathies.. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology. 133(2-4):228-36.