- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Jean A. Hall
Small Animal Internal Medicine
206 Dryden Hall
- American College of Vet Internal Medicine 1987
- 1990 Post-doctor Fellowship at OHSU: Lipid Metabolism
- 1989 PhD Colorado State University: Physiology
- 1987 MS Colorado State University: Clinical Sciences
- 1982 DVM Washington State University (summa cum laude)
- 1981 BS Oregon State University: General Science (with highest scholarship)
Professional and Research Interests:
- Nephrology and SDMA
- Nutrition and immunology
- Effects of selenium supplementation on immune responses in sheep and cattle
- Effects of dietary (n–3) fatty acids and antioxidants on immune responses in dogs and cats
Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Melendez LD, Jewell DE. Relationship between lean body mass and serum renal biomarkers in healthy dogs. J Vet Int Med.
Hall JA, Hoyt D, Zuver C, Skinner MM, Schlipf JW. 2006. Rapid, multiwell colorimetric assay for measuring neutrophil chemoattractant activity in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of horses with recurrent airway obstruction.. Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation : official publication of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Inc. 18(3):257-63.
Luckschander N, Allenspach K, Hall JA, Seibold F, Gröne A, Doherr MG, Gaschen F. 2006. Perinuclear antineutrophilic cytoplasmic antibody and response to treatment in diarrheic dogs with food responsive disease or inflammatory bowel disease.. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 20(2):221-7.
Hall JA, Henry LR, Jha S, Skinner MM, Jewell DE, Wander RC. 2005. Dietary (n-3) fatty acids alter plasma fatty acids and leukotriene B synthesis by stimulated neutrophils from healthy geriatric Beagles.. Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and essential fatty acids. 73(5):335-41.
Jha S, Hall JA, Cherian G, Henry LR, Schlipf JW. 2005. Optimization of assay conditions for leukotriene B4 synthesis by neutrophils or platelets isolated from peripheral blood of monogastric animals.. Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and essential fatty acids. 72(6):423-30.
Hall JA, Van Saun RJ, Wander RC. 2004. Dietary (n-3) fatty acids from menhaden fish oil alter plasma fatty acids and leukotriene B synthesis in healthy horses.. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 18(6):871-9.