- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
214 Dryden Hall
Education and Professional Training:
- 1999: PhD. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 1989: MS. Nanjing Agricultural University, Department of Microbiology
- American Society for Virology (Full membership)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Phi Zeta-honorary Society of Veterinary Medicine
- Gamma Sigma Delta-honorary Society of Agriculture, Illinois
- 2010: New Investigator Awards
Professional and Research Interests:
- Pathogenesis of herpes virus infected animal disease
- Host and virus interaction in central nervous system
- Mechanism of herpes virus latency-reactivation cycles
- Anti-viral drug development
- New emerging viral diseases
- Viral disease diagnosis
Jin L, Perng GC, Mott KR, Osorio N, Naito J, Brick D, Carpenter D, Jones C, Wechsler SL. 2004. Replacement of LAT by the well characterized anti-apoptosis gene, cpIAP, results in a high wild type HSV-1 reactivation phenotype. Manuscript
Henderson G, Peng W, Jin L, Perng GC, Nesburn AB, Wechsler SL, Jones C. Regulation of caspase 8- and caspase 9-induced apoptosis by the herpes simplex virus type 1 latency-associated transcript. J Neurovirol. 2002;8(Suppl 2):103-11.
Jin L. 1999. Pseudorabies Virus latency associated transcript gene: Expression and Regulation, and role in the establishment of latency in swine. Jin, UMI, Ann Arbor.
Weigel RM, Scherba G, Wiemers J, Siegel AM, Austin CC, Jin L, Bowman L, Johnston NA. 1997. Application of quantitative methods and molecular biological techniques to investigation of the spread of Aujeszky's disease virus. Epidemiologie et Sante Animale 31-31: 12.17.1-12.17.2.
Jin L, Schnitzlein WM, Scherba G. 1995. Establishment of latency in the natural host animal by Aujeszky's disease (pseudorabies) virus lacking the putative LAT gene promoter. In: Advances in Swine in Biomedical Research, Vol. 1, M.E. Tumbleson and L.B. Shock (eds), Plenum Publishing, NY. pp395-408.
Baughman B, Zhang S, Jin L, Pace LW, Cooley J, Yan L, Zhang MZ. 2011. Diagnosis of Deerpox virus infection in a white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) fawn.. Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation : official publication of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Inc. 23(5):965-70.