- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Manoj K. Pastey
210 Dryden Hall
541-737-3940 (voice mail)
- NIH Staff Recognition Award for Research Excellence, Vaccine Research Center, NIH, 2004.
- NIH Fellows Award for Research Excellence in Biomedical Research, NIH, 2004.
- Sidney P. Colowick Award for Outstanding Postdoctoral Fellow in the Dept. of Microbiology & Immunology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2000.
- Henry Christian Award for Excellence in Research presented at Experimental Biology Meeting (FASEB), Washington DC, 1999.
- Trainee Travel Award Presented at Experimental Biology Meeting (FASEB), Washington DC, 1999.
- Travel Grant Award presented at 12th annual meeting of American Society for Virology, 1993.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute Junior Merit Scholarship, 1988-1989. University of Agricultural Sciences Merit Scholarship, 1983-1988.
- University of Agricultural Sciences 7 Gold Medals for Securing First Rank in Undergraduate Studies, 1983-1988.
- Karnataka State Government Youth Services & Sports Award for Academic Excellence in Undergraduate Studies.
Professional and Research Interests:
- Molecular biology and pathogenesis of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1)
- Molecular biology and pathogenesis of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Diagnosis and surveillance of West Nile virus
- Virus-host interactions
Pastey, M.K. and Graham, B.S. (2004). Morphometrics of respiratory syncytial virus. (submitted to Journal of Virology).
Pastey, M.K., Huang, Y., Nabel, A. and Graham, B.S. (2004). SARS coronavirus buds from lipid raft microdomains. (submitted to Journal of Virology).
Yunus, A.S., Krishnamurthy, S., Pastey, M.K., Huang, Z., Khattar, S.K., Collins, P.L and Samal, S.K. Rescue of a bovine respiratory syncytial virus genomic RNA analog by bovine, human and ovine respiratory syncytial viruses confirms the “functional integrity” and “cross-recognition” of BRSV cis-acting elements by HRSV and ORSV. Archives of Virology 1999; 144(10):1977-90.
Samal, S.K and Pastey, M.K. Bovine respiratory syncytial virus genes in immune recognition and pathogenesis. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Virus-cell Interaction. 1994; 2:159-162.
Reese KA, Lupfer C, Johnson RC, Mitev GM, Mullen VM, Geller BL, Pastey M. 2013. A Novel Lactococcal Vaccine Expressing a Peptide from the M2 Antigen of H5N2 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A Virus Prolongs Survival of Vaccinated Chickens.. Veterinary medicine international. 2013:316926.
Lupfer C, Besnouin D, Tepper SE, Maselko M, Patton KM, Pastey M. 2011. Increased Survivorship and Altered Cytokine Profile from Treatment of Influenza A H1N1-Infected Mice with Ekybion: A Drug Complex of Natural Extracts and Inorganic Compounds.. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM. 2011:192079.
McKenzie EC, Lupfer C, Banse H, Hinchcliff K, Love S, Nelson S, Davis M, Payton M, Pastey M. 2010. Hypogammaglobulinemia in racing Alaskan sled dogs.. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 24(1):179-84.
Gower TL, Pastey M, Peeples ME, Collins PL, McCurdy LH, Hart TK, Guth A, Johnson TR, Graham BS. 2005. RhoA signaling is required for respiratory syncytial virus-induced syncytium formation and filamentous virion morphology.. Journal of virology. 79(9):5326-36.