- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Wang R, Löhr CV, Fischer K, Dashwood MW, Greenwood JA, Ho E, Williams DE, Ashktorab H, Dashwood MR, Dashwood RH. 2013. Epigenetic inactivation of endothelin-2 and endothelin-3 in colon cancer.. International journal of cancer. Journal international du cancer. 132(5):1004-12.
Siddens LK, Larkin A, Krueger SK, Bradfield CA, Waters KM, Tilton SC, Pereira CB, Löhr CV, Arlt VM, Phillips DH et al.. 2012. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons as skin carcinogens: comparison of benzo[a]pyrene, dibenzo[def,p]chrysene and three environmental mixtures in the FVB/N mouse.. Toxicology and applied pharmacology. 264(3):377-86.
Piripi S, Hustace J, Carney KR, Heidel JR, Löhr CV. 2012. Pulmonary arteriovenous malformation in two adult alpacas (Vicugna pacos).. Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation : official publication of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Inc. 24(1):198-201.
Shorey LE, Castro DJ, Baird WM, Siddens LK, Löhr CV, Matzke MM, Waters KM, Corley RA, Williams DE. 2012. Transplacental carcinogenesis with dibenzo[def,p]chrysene (DBC): timing of maternal exposures determines target tissue response in offspring.. Cancer letters. 317(1):49-55.