- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Wang R, Dashwood W-M, Nian H, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Tsuchiya N, Nakagama H, Ashktorab H, Dashwood RH. 2011. NADPH oxidase overexpression in human colon cancers and rat colon tumors induced by 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP).. International journal of cancer. Journal international du cancer. 128(11):2581-90.
Yu Z, Chung W-G, Sloat BR, Löhr CV, Weiss R, Rodriguez LB, Li X, Cui Z. 2011. The extent of the uptake of plasmid into the skin determines the immune responses induced by a DNA vaccine applied topically onto the skin.. The Journal of pharmacy and pharmacology. 63(2):199-205.
Löhr CV, DeBess EE, Baker RJ, Hiett SL, Hoffman KA, Murdoch VJ, Fischer KA, Mulrooney DM, Selman RL, Hammill-Black WM. 2010. Pathology and viral antigen distribution of lethal pneumonia in domestic cats due to pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza A virus.. Veterinary pathology. 47(3):378-86.