- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Piripi S, Hustace J, Carney KR, Heidel JR, Löhr CV. 2012. Pulmonary arteriovenous malformation in two adult alpacas (Vicugna pacos).. Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation : official publication of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Inc. 24(1):198-201.
Shorey LE, Castro DJ, Baird WM, Siddens LK, Löhr CV, Matzke MM, Waters KM, Corley RA, Williams DE. 2012. Transplacental carcinogenesis with dibenzo[def,p]chrysene (DBC): timing of maternal exposures determines target tissue response in offspring.. Cancer letters. 317(1):49-55.
Wang R, Dashwood W-M, Nian H, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Tsuchiya N, Nakagama H, Ashktorab H, Dashwood RH. 2011. NADPH oxidase overexpression in human colon cancers and rat colon tumors induced by 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP).. International journal of cancer. Journal international du cancer. 128(11):2581-90.
Yu Z, Chung W-G, Sloat BR, Löhr CV, Weiss R, Rodriguez LB, Li X, Cui Z. 2011. The extent of the uptake of plasmid into the skin determines the immune responses induced by a DNA vaccine applied topically onto the skin.. The Journal of pharmacy and pharmacology. 63(2):199-205.