- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Löhr CV, DeBess EE, Baker RJ, Hiett SL, Hoffman KA, Murdoch VJ, Fischer KA, Mulrooney DM, Selman RL, Hammill-Black WM. 2010. Pathology and viral antigen distribution of lethal pneumonia in domestic cats due to pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza A virus.. Veterinary pathology. 47(3):378-86.
Castro DJ, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Waters KM, Webb-Robertson B-JM, Dashwood RH, Bailey GS, Williams DE. 2009. Identifying efficacious approaches to chemoprevention with chlorophyllin, purified chlorophylls and freeze-dried spinach in a mouse model of transplacental carcinogenesis.. Carcinogenesis. 30(2):315-20.
Wang R, Dashwood MW, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Nakagama H, Williams DE, Dashwood RH. 2008. beta-catenin is strongly elevated in rat colonic epithelium following short-term intermittent treatment with 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP) and a high-fat diet.. Cancer science. 99(9):1754-9.
Garner MM, Ramsell K, Morera N, Juan-Sallés C, Jiménez J, Ardiaca M, Montesinos A, Teifke JP, Löhr CV, Evermann JF et al.. 2008. Clinicopathologic features of a systemic coronavirus-associated disease resembling feline infectious peritonitis in the domestic ferret (Mustela putorius).. Veterinary pathology. 45(2):236-46.