- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Castro DJ, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Waters KM, Webb-Robertson B-JM, Dashwood RH, Bailey GS, Williams DE. 2009. Identifying efficacious approaches to chemoprevention with chlorophyllin, purified chlorophylls and freeze-dried spinach in a mouse model of transplacental carcinogenesis.. Carcinogenesis. 30(2):315-20.
Wang R, Dashwood MW, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Nakagama H, Williams DE, Dashwood RH. 2008. beta-catenin is strongly elevated in rat colonic epithelium following short-term intermittent treatment with 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP) and a high-fat diet.. Cancer science. 99(9):1754-9.
Indra AK, Castaneda E, Antal MC, Jiang M, Messaddeq N, Meng X, Loehr CV, Gariglio P, Kato S, Wahli W et al.. 2007. Malignant transformation of DMBA/TPA-induced papillomas and nevi in the skin of mice selectively lacking retinoid-X-receptor alpha in epidermal keratinocytes.. The Journal of investigative dermatology. 127(5):1250-60.
Cebra CK, Valentine BA, Schlipf JW, Bildfell RJ, McKenzie EC, Waitt LH, Heidel JR, Cooper BJ, Löhr CV, Bird KE et al.. 2007. Eimeria macusaniensis infection in 15 llamas and 34 alpacas.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 230(1):94-100.
Andreasen EA, Mathew LK, Löhr CV, Hasson R, Tanguay RL. 2007. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs extracellular matrix remodeling during zebra fish fin regeneration.. Toxicological sciences : an official journal of the Society of Toxicology. 95(1):215-26.