- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Yu Z, Mahadevan B, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Louderback MA, Krueger SK, Pereira CB, Albershardt DJ, Baird WM, Bailey GS et al.. 2006. Indole-3-carbinol in the maternal diet provides chemoprotection for the fetus against transplacental carcinogenesis by the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon dibenzo[a,l]pyrene.. Carcinogenesis. 27(10):2116-23.
Smith-Roe SL, Löhr CV, Bildfell RJ, Fischer KA, Hegan DC, Glazer PM, Buermeyer AB. 2006. Induction of aberrant crypt foci in DNA mismatch repair-deficient mice by the food-borne carcinogen 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo [4,5-b] pyridine (PhIP).. Cancer letters. 244(1):79-85.
Waitt LH, Cebra CK, Tornquist SJ, Löhr CV. 2006. Panniculitis in a horse with peripancreatitis and pancreatic fibrosis.. Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation : official publication of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Inc. 18(4):405-8.
Löhr CV, Juan-Sallés C, Rosas-Rosas A, Parás García A, Garner MM, Teifke JP. 2005. Sarcoids in captive zebras (Equus burchellii): association with bovine papillomavirus type 1 infection.. Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine : official publication of the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians. 36(1):74-81.
Löhr CV, Rurangirwa FR, McElwain TF, Stiller D, Palmer GH. 2002. Specific expression of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 2 salivary gland variants occurs in the midgut and is an early event during tick transmission.. Infection and immunity. 70(1):114-20.
Teifke JP, Löhr CV, Marschang RE, Osterrieder N, Posthaus H. 2000. Detection of chelonid herpesvirus DNA by nonradioactive in situ hybridization in tissues from tortoises suffering from stomatitis-rhinitis complex in Europe and North America.. Veterinary pathology. 37(5):377-85.