- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Christiane V. Löhr
144 Magruder Hall
- 2007 Elected to membership in the Alpha Gamma Chapter of the Society of Phi Zeta
- 2002 Charles Louis Davis Foundation Student Scholarship Award, New Orleans, LA
- 2001 Graduate Student Competition Award, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, Hershey, PA
- 1997 Karl Pfizer Award for Doctoral Thesis in Veterinary Medicine, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Professional and Research Interests:
- Neoplastic diseases-pathogenesis, treatment, and prevention
- Infectious diseases-diagnostics, pathogenesis
- Aquatic and exotic animal diseases especially diseases of marine mammals, alpacas and llamas
Chapter - Postmortem Examination. In: “Small Animal Pediatrics: The first 12 Month of Life”; Editors: ME Peterson and M Kutzler; to be published September 2008 by Saunders, Elsevier Inc.
Editor and Text Translation - German edition of “Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease” (McGavin, Zachary); Editors JP Teifke, CV Löhr, R. Klopfleisch and R. Marshang; to be published May 2009 by Elsevier, Munich, Germany
Castro DJ, Baird WM, Pereira CB, Giovanini J, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Yu Z, Gonzalez FJ, Krueger SK, Williams DE. 2008. Fetal mouse Cyp1b1 and transplacental carcinogenesis from maternal exposure to dibenzo(a,l)pyrene.. Cancer prevention research (Philadelphia, Pa.). 1(2):128-34.
Castro DJ, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Pereira CB, Williams DE. 2008. Lymphoma and lung cancer in offspring born to pregnant mice dosed with dibenzo[a,l]pyrene: the importance of in utero vs. lactational exposure.. Toxicology and applied pharmacology. 233(3):454-8.
Castro DJ, Yu Z, Löhr CV, Pereira CB, Giovanini JN, Fischer KA, Orner GA, Dashwood RH, Williams DE. 2008. Chemoprevention of dibenzo[a,l]pyrene transplacental carcinogenesis in mice born to mothers administered green tea: primary role of caffeine.. Carcinogenesis. 29(8):1581-6.
Wang R, Dashwood MW, Löhr CV, Fischer KA, Pereira CB, Louderback M, Nakagama H, Bailey GS, Williams DE, Dashwood RH. 2008. Protective versus promotional effects of white tea and caffeine on PhIP-induced tumorigenesis and beta-catenin expression in the rat.. Carcinogenesis. 29(4):834-9.
Shaker DS, Sloat BR, Le UM, Löhr CV, Yanasarn N, Fischer KA, Cui Z. 2007. Immunization by application of DNA vaccine onto a skin area wherein the hair follicles have been induced into anagen-onset stage.. Molecular therapy : the journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy. 15(11):2037-43.