- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Manoj K. Pastey
210 Dryden Hall
541-737-3940 (voice mail)
- NIH Staff Recognition Award for Research Excellence, Vaccine Research Center, NIH, 2004.
- NIH Fellows Award for Research Excellence in Biomedical Research, NIH, 2004.
- Sidney P. Colowick Award for Outstanding Postdoctoral Fellow in the Dept. of Microbiology & Immunology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2000.
- Henry Christian Award for Excellence in Research presented at Experimental Biology Meeting (FASEB), Washington DC, 1999.
- Trainee Travel Award Presented at Experimental Biology Meeting (FASEB), Washington DC, 1999.
- Travel Grant Award presented at 12th annual meeting of American Society for Virology, 1993.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute Junior Merit Scholarship, 1988-1989. University of Agricultural Sciences Merit Scholarship, 1983-1988.
- University of Agricultural Sciences 7 Gold Medals for Securing First Rank in Undergraduate Studies, 1983-1988.
- Karnataka State Government Youth Services & Sports Award for Academic Excellence in Undergraduate Studies.
Professional and Research Interests:
- Molecular biology and pathogenesis of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1)
- Molecular biology and pathogenesis of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Diagnosis and surveillance of West Nile virus
- Virus-host interactions
Pastey, M.K. and Graham, B.S. (2004). Morphometrics of respiratory syncytial virus. (submitted to Journal of Virology).
Pastey, M.K., Huang, Y., Nabel, A. and Graham, B.S. (2004). SARS coronavirus buds from lipid raft microdomains. (submitted to Journal of Virology).
Yunus, A.S., Krishnamurthy, S., Pastey, M.K., Huang, Z., Khattar, S.K., Collins, P.L and Samal, S.K. Rescue of a bovine respiratory syncytial virus genomic RNA analog by bovine, human and ovine respiratory syncytial viruses confirms the “functional integrity” and “cross-recognition” of BRSV cis-acting elements by HRSV and ORSV. Archives of Virology 1999; 144(10):1977-90.
Samal, S.K and Pastey, M.K. Bovine respiratory syncytial virus genes in immune recognition and pathogenesis. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Virus-cell Interaction. 1994; 2:159-162.
Samal SK, Pastey M, McPhillips T, Carmel DK, Mohanty SB. 1993. Reliable confirmation of antibodies to bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV) by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using BRSV nucleocapsid protein expressed in insect cells.. Journal of clinical microbiology. 31(12):3147-52.