- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Katherine Scollan, DVM, DACVIM-Cardiology
213 Magruder Hall
Professional and Research Interests:
- Congenital and acquired heart
- Resting and ambulatory disease electrocardiography
- Color flow and tissue Doppler
- Contrast, strain and strain rate echocardiography echocardiography
- Cardiac catheterization and angiography
- Neuroendocrine biomarkers
- Acute and chronic heart failure
- Systemic hypertension
- Arrhythmia management
- Transvenous pacemaker implantation
- Balloon valvuloplasty and PDA closure
Hoehne SN, Milovancev M, Hyde AJ, de Morais HA, Scollan K, Nemanic S. 2014. Placement of a caudal vena cava stent for treatment of Budd-Chiari-like syndrome in a 4-month-old Ragdoll cat.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 245(4):414-8.
Scollan K, Bulmer BJ, Sisson DD. 2013. Validation of a commercially available enzyme immunoassay for measurement of plasma antidiuretic hormone concentration in healthy dogs and assessment of plasma antidiuretic hormone concentration in dogs with congestive heart failure.. American journal of veterinary research. 74(9):1206-11.
Scollan K, Salinardi B, Bulmer BJ, Sisson DD. 2011. Anomalous left-to-right shunting communication between the ascending aorta and right pulmonary artery in a dog.. Journal of veterinary cardiology : the official journal of the European Society of Veterinary Cardiology. 13(2):147-52.