- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
David Sisson, DVM, DACVIM-Cardiology
Small Animal Services
273 Magruder Hall
Professional and Research Interests:
- Non-invasive Cardiac Imaging
- Minimally Invasive Repair of Congenital Heart Disease
- Myocardial Diseases (Cardiomyopathies) of the Dog and Cat
- Degenerative Valvular Disease in Dogs
- Cardiac Arrhythmias - Medical treatment and Cardiac Pacemakers
- Pathophysiology and Neuroendocrine Responses to Heart Failure
- Cardiac Biomarkers
Oyama MA, Sisson DD, Bulmer BJ, Constable PD. 2004. Echocardiographic estimation of mean left atrial pressure in a canine model of acute mitral valve insufficiency.. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 18(5):667-72.
Prosek R, Sisson DD, Oyama MA, Biondo AW, Solter PE. 2004. Measurements of plasma endothelin immunoreactivity in healthy cats and cats with cardiomyopathy.. Journal of veterinary internal medicine / American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 18(6):826-30.
Prosek R, Sisson DD, Oyama MA. 2003. What is your diagnosis? Pericardial effusion with a clot in the pericardial space likely caused by left atrial rupture secondary to mitral regurgitation. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 222(4):441-2.