- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
207 Dryden Hall
541-737-6916 (voice mail)
- Academic Efficiency Award. 2003. Sponsored by “Levaduras Collico, Chile” Consisting in the highest coefficient of GPA divided in the number of semesters remained in the Universidad Austral de Chile (UACH), of students from the same promotion.
- Chilean Presidential Fellowship 2004. Sponsors the formation of outstanding scientists covering graduate tuition and a partial stipend to pursue a Ph.D. degree.
- College of Veterinary Medicine’s Graduate Student Research Award for 2008. Awarded to the graduate student with the highest research productivity of the College of VM at OSU.
- Oregon Lottery Scholarship 2008. Awarded to graduate students at OSU with academic merit in research productivity and course work.
- ASM Student Travel Grant Award 2009, for abstracts submitted to the 109th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology.
- Oregon Lottery Scholarship 2009. Awarded to graduate students at OSU with academic merit in research productivity and course work.
- Savery Outstanding Doctoral Student Award 2009. Awarded to the most outstanding doctoral student (research productivity, GPA and community involvement) of the College of Agricultural Sciences at OSU.
Professional and Research Interests:
- Molecular pathogenesis of Clostridium perfringens and Clostridium difficile.
- Molecular basis of host-pathogen interaction of Clostridium species.
Banawas S, Paredes-Sabja D, Korza G, Li Y, Hao B, Setlow P, Sarker MR. 2013. The Clostridium perfringens germinant receptor protein GerKC is located in the spore inner membrane and is crucial for spore germination.. Journal of bacteriology. 195(22):5084-91.
Paredes-Sabja D, Setlow P, Sarker MR. 2009. The protease CspB is essential for initiation of cortex hydrolysis and dipicolinic acid (DPA) release during germination of spores of Clostridium perfringens type A food poisoning isolates.. Microbiology (Reading, England). 155(Pt 10):3464-72.