- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Faculty and Staff Profiles
A Caring Community: Whether you work here or would like to join us, we’d like you to know we appreciate what our faculty and staff bring to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Your work helps us make breakthroughs in veterinary and human medicine. Our students look to your success as an example. And your dedication to them means that future generations of practitioners, researchers and diagnosticians have the solid skills they need to become leaders in their fields.
- Effect of feeding selenium-fertilized alfalfa hay on performance of weaned beef calves.
- Bacterial load and inflammation in fetal tissues is not dependent on IL-17a or IL-22 in 10-14 day pregnant mice infected with Listeria monocytogenes.
- In vitro synthesis of tensioned synoviocyte bioscaffolds for meniscal fibrocartilage tissue engineering.
- Post-parturient shedding of Listeria monocytogenes in breast milk of infected mice.
- Serosurvey for antibody to deerpox virus in five cervid species in Oregon, USA.
- Preoperative factors associated with postoperative hypocalcemia in dogs with primary hyperparathyroidism that underwent parathyroidectomy: 62 cases (2004-2009).
- What is your diagnosis?
Dec 6, 2013
Alisa Kraxberger is looking forward to working with large animals again. Growing up around horses and farm animals, Kraxberger’s goal was to become an equine veterinary technician. But once she was out in the job market, that dream went on hold when she discovered the pay was better at specialty hospitals. After receiving her CVT, [...] Read full story.
Dec 5, 2013
A mathematical model is a description of a system using mathematical concepts and language. Mathematical modelling is used throughout biomedical science to describe, illustrate and simulate research. One of the most interesting examples is the Blue Brain Project, an attempt by Swiss researchers to use a supercomputer to create a synthetic brain by reverse-engineering the [...] Read full story.
Dec 5, 2013
Faculty, House Officers, and staff are invited to the annual College of Veterinary Medicine Holiday Party: Finger foods! Beer and wine! Contests! Prizes! Music! Date: Thursday, December 19, 2013 Time: 5 – 7:30 p.m. Location: Magruder atrium lobby BTW: Bakers are encouraged to bring something yummy and sweet for the Dessert Potluck! Read full story.