The Small Animal Rehabilitation Unit has several diagnostic and therapeutic services for dogs and cats with a variety of conditions.
Services offered include:
- Rehabilitation technician therapeutic exercises
- Therapeutic exercise equipment (therapy balls, rolls, steps, carts, elastic bands, cavaletti rails, obstacles, therapy toys)
- Therapeutic splints and supports
- Postoperative and in-patient boarding for treatment
- Hydrotherapy (8 foot by 12 foot swimming pool)
- Underwater treadmill
- Therapeutic laser
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation)
- Neurological reeducation
Each patient is assessed individually by a board certified surgeon and then a customized therapy plan developed based on each patient's unique needs. We also provide in-depth education and instruction to clients to teach them many of the treatments so that they may participate and perform the treatments themselves at home.