The Small Animal Rehabilitation Unit has state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services for dogs and cats with a variety of conditions.We also offer preventative therapy for working and sport dogs.
Each patient is assessed individually by a board certified surgeon and then a customized therapy plan is developed based on each patient's unique needs. We also provide in-depth instruction to clients so they may continue treatments at home.
We are currently recruiting 40 dogs with osteoarthritis for a clinical trial of platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) treatment. Read more.
- Rehabilitation technician therapeutic exercises
- Therapeutic exercise equipment (therapy balls, rolls, steps, carts, elastic bands, cavaletti rails, obstacles, therapy toys)
- Therapeutic splints and supports
- Hydrotherapy (8 foot by 12 foot swimming pool)
- Underwater treadmill
- Therapeutic laser
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation)
- Neurological reeducation
- Pre- and Postoperative care
- In-patient boarding for treatment
- Hip/elbow dysplasia
- Fracture/trauma recovery
- Muscle atrophy
- CCL partial/full rupture
- Patella Luxation
- Infra/supraspinatus injury
Certified Veterinary Technician