- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Biomedical Sciences Student Summer Research Program
Objective of the Program
The objective of the program is to provide an opportunity for students enrolled in years 1 and 2 in the professional veterinary program to have a faculty-guided, positive, and rewarding research experience in the basic sciences, with the intention of increasing student awareness and excitement for the challenges of research.
Time Commitment: Students must commit to a 12-week program and are expected to make a presentation at the College of Veterinary Medicine Research Day in early September.
Stipend: Students will receive about $3000 for their work, paid in 3 checks scheduled over the summer. This money cannot be given in advance of the scheduled pay dates which begin in July.
1. Choose a mentor & project from the official list of Biomedical Summer Research Projects & Mentors
2. Contact the mentor and meet to discuss project.
3. Complete the application form, print it and have your mentor sign it.
4. Mail to Beth Chamblin, Oregon State University, 107 Dryden Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331
5. DEADLINE: All parts of the application are due by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 20, 2015. (Late applications NOT considered)