The objective of the program is to provide an opportunity for students enrolled in years 1 and 2 in the professional veterinary program to have a faculty-guided, positive, and rewarding research experience in the basic sciences, with the intention of increasing student awareness and excitement for the challenges of research.
Time Commitment: Students must commit to a 12-week program and are expected to make a presentation at the 16th Annual Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine Research Day, Thursday, September 5, 2019, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in Magruder Hall 102 and Lobby.
Stipend: Students will receive about $3000 for their work, paid in 3 checks scheduled over the summer. This money cannot be given in advance of the scheduled pay dates which begin in July.
1. Choose a mentor & project from the official list of Biomedical Summer Research Projects & Mentors
2. Contact the mentor and meet to discuss project.
3. Complete the application form (PDF version) or (Word version), print it and have your mentor sign it.
4. Mail to Janice Blouse, Oregon State University, 107 Dryden Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331
5. DEADLINE: All parts of the application are due by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25, 2019. (Late applications NOT considered)