- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Admissions Requirements for Students requesting Transfer to Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine (OSU CVM) considers applications for transfer from students currently attending veterinary medical institutions outside of North America.
Transfers are only possible when positions in the first or second year class become available.
To be considered for a position in the second or third quarter of the first year class, students must have completed, at a veterinary institution, certain topics in gross anatomy, physiology, microscopic anatomy (histology), embryology, and neuroscience. To be considered for a position in the fall quarter of the second year class, students must have completed the following courses at a veterinary institution: gross anatomy, physiology, microscopic anatomy (histology), embryology, neuroscience, immunology and general pathology.
The first step for students interested in transferring to OSU CVM is to electronically submit a personal statement including current scholastic status and reason for requesting transfer to Tess.Collins@oregonstate.edu. Once a position becomes available, potential students will be asked to provide the following additional information:
- A transcript for all coursework completed in the professional veterinary program. A 3.0 or higher overall GPA is required. An unofficial transcript will be accepted for initial evaluation; however, final acceptance will be contingent on receipt of an official transcript.
- An unofficial undergraduate transcript showing all coursework completed prior to entrance to a veterinary program.
- An updated personal statement outlining the student's career objectives, reasons for applying to OSU CVM, anticipated educational experience at Oregon State University, clincial veterinary and animal expereince, skills, aptitudes, traits or qualities the student would bring to OSU CVM. In the personal statement, the student must explain any felony convictions and any disciplinary actions taken by a college or university for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violations in the past. Personal statements are limited to 500 words or less.
- A current resume or CV
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member at the veterinary institution currently attended by the student. The letter should address any academic or disciplinary difficulties experienced by the student. The recommender may submit either a signed electronic copy or a signed hard copy of the letter.
- Successful transfer applicants will be required to submit an OSU admissions application along with a $60 fee. Students must also meet all applicable immigration regulations. Non-US citizens must meet OSU Graduate Admissions language requirement.
Questions regarding admission to the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine should be directed to Tess.Collins@oregonstate.edu or by phone at 541-737-6985.