The OSU Summer Veterinary Experience is a hands-on and engaging experience for academically talented high school students interested in veterinary medicine. We are hoping to host the 2022 Summer Veterinary Experience in-person this year, but have not yet finalized dates or logistics. Please check back in March for updates!
OSU Summer Veterinary Experience
Mentors and instructors will work with students to discover and explore their talents and understanding of the basic sciences, animal and human health, and social sciences. Throughout the experience, staff will provide a supportive atmosphere, with emphasis on teamwork and open discussion. The participants will also receive guidance on preparing for college and the financial aid process. While the schedule for the day has not yet been finalized, we anticipate offering sessions on undergraduate and DVM admissions, how to do a physical exam, a panel discussion with current DVM students, career panel discussion, tours, and much more!
To be eligible for the program, students must:
(1) be able to attend the program in-person at our Corvallis campus;
(2) be a sophomore or junior in high school (entering junior or senior year in fall 2022);
(3) have enrolled in science classes and received acceptable grades in these;
(4) have an interest in exploring veterinary medicine or another health-related career; and
(5) have demonstrated maturity, initiative and curiosity about the world in general.
The Summer Veterinary Experience does have a competitive application process. The application will be available here on March 1, 2022. Please check back then!