The OSU Summer Veterinary Experience is an engaging experience for academically talented high school students interested in veterinary medicine. The 2021 Summer Veterinary Experience has been re-imagined to take place virtually. The Virtual Summer Veterinary Experience will take place via Zoom on Friday, July 30, 2021.
OSU Summer Veterinary Experience
There will be no cost to participate in the Virtual Summer Veterinary Experience, but space in the program is limited.
Mentors and instructors will work with students to discover and explore their talents and understanding of the basic sciences, animal and human health, and social sciences. Throughout the experience, staff will provide a supportive atmosphere, with emphasis on teamwork and open discussion. The participants will also receive guidance on preparing for college and the financial aid process. While the schedule for the day has not yet been finalized, we anticipate offering sessions on undergraduate and DVM admissions, how to do a physical exam, a panel discussion with current DVM students, career panel discussion, virtual tours, and much more!
To be eligible for the program, students must:
(1) be able to attend the program virtually on July 30, 2021;
(2) be a sophomore or junior in high school (entering junior or senior year in fall 2021);
(3) have enrolled in science classes and received acceptable grades in these;
(4) have an interest in exploring veterinary medicine or another health-related career; and
(5) have demonstrated maturity, initiative and curiosity about the world in general.
All of the spaces in the program have been filled for 2021. If you would like to be added to a wait-list, please email Tess Collins at email@example.com.
Facebook photo album of the 2018 Summer Veterinary Experience