- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
The College of Veterinary Medicine offers public tours of its facilities to groups and individuals. However, our patients remain our first priority, so tour opportunities are limited and are not a hands-on experience. We must also be mindful of biosecurity, liability, patient confidentiality and operational issues, therefore the following restrictions have been implemented.
- Visitors must be at least 10 years old to visit the hospitals
- Group size is limited to 20 people
- No photos or videos are allowed to be taken in the hospitals due to patient confidentiality
- Visitors must refrain from touching patients
- Talking is allowed but noise must be kept to a minimum while in the hospitals
- Monday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (lunch hour)
- Tours are not offered on weekends, evenings, or holidays
- Reservations are required and should be made at least three days prior to your visit
- Prospective student tours which include a meeting with our admissions coordinator should be made with email@example.com, additional details are below.
A tour takes about one hour and goes through the small and large animal hospitals, the diagnostic laboratory, and the teaching facilities. We reserve the right to exclude individuals from a tour due to biosecurity issues, or due to failure to compy with their tour guide's instructions.
To schedule a tour of the College contact Lindy Young at (541) 737-0587 or Lindy.Young@oregonstate.edu.
Tours are also offered during our annual Pet Day and Open House. This day-long event is held every Spring and provides plenty of hands-on and educational opportunities for visitors. It features booths and demonstrations from local vendors and animal groups, contests, pony rides, a petting zoo, dog wash, wagon rides, a Kid Zone and many more fun and interesting activities.
Anyone interested in discussing admissions-related information and would also like a tour of our facilities should contact Michelle Waldron, Admissions Coordinator, at (541) 737-6985 or Michelle.Waldron@oregonstate.edu.
Admissions tours take place after 1:30pm, Monday through Friday and must be scheduled in advance. Tours are not currently available on weekends. Please contact our office well in advance of your visit to schedule.
Parking during your tour
Visitor parking is limited at our facilities. If you are bringing a large group for a tour and have several vehicles or oversized vehicles you should contact Parking Services for more information about where you can park.