- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
The College of Veterinary Medicine offers public tours of its facilities on a limited basis by appointment only. Hospital clients and patients are our first priority, so tours are not a hands-on experience. We must also be mindful of biosecurity, liability, patient confidentiality and operational issues, therefore the following restrictions have been implemented.
- Visitors must be at least 10 years old to visit the hospital
- Group size: Up to 14 visitors per tour
- No photos or videos are allowed to be taken in the hospitals due to patient confidentiality
- Visitors must refrain from touching patients
- Talking is allowed but noise must be kept to a minimum while in the hospital
- Monday through Friday, Noon-1 pm, by appointment only. Reservations are required and should be made at least three days prior to your visit. Tours are not offered on weekends, evenings, or holidays.
- Tours are led by students who must return to class by 1 pm; therefore, if you arrive later than 12:10 pm for a tour, it will have been cancelled.
- Prospective student tours which include a meeting with our admissions coordinator should be made with firstname.lastname@example.org; additional details are below.
A tour takes about one hour and goes through the small and large animal hospitals, the diagnostic laboratory, and the teaching facilities. We reserve the right to exclude individuals from a tour due to biosecurity issues, or due to failure to comply with their tour guide's instructions.
Tours are also offered during our annual Pet Day. This day-long event is held every Spring and provides plenty of hands-on and educational opportunities for visitors. It features booths and demonstrations from local vendors and animal groups, contests, pony rides, a petting zoo, dog wash, wagon rides, a Kid Zone and many more fun and interesting activities.
Parking during your tour
There is no visitor parking at Magruder Hall. Metered parking and pay lots are available around Reser Stadium. There is a campus shuttle bus that runs every 10 minutes. To obtain a parking permit, or for a map of metered parking, visit the Parking Services website.