- Future Students
- DVM degree program
- Graduate Programs
- Request information
- Contacts, Map, and Directions
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
The College of Veterinary Medicine offers public tours of its facilities on a limited basis by appointment only. Hospital clients and patients are our first priority, so tours are not a hands-on experience. We must also be mindful of biosecurity, liability, patient confidentiality and operational issues, therefore the following restrictions have been implemented.
- Visitors must be at least 10 years old to visit the hospital
- Group size: Up to 14 visitors per tour
- No photos or videos are allowed to be taken in the hospitals due to patient confidentiality
- Visitors must refrain from touching patients
- Talking is allowed but noise must be kept to a minimum while in the hospital
- Monday through Friday by appointment only. Reservations are required and should be made at least three days prior to your visit. Tours are not offered on weekends, evenings, or holidays.
- Prospective student tours which include a meeting with our admissions coordinator should be made with firstname.lastname@example.org, additional details are below.
A tour takes about one hour and goes through the small and large animal hospitals, the diagnostic laboratory, and the teaching facilities. We reserve the right to exclude individuals from a tour due to biosecurity issues, or due to failure to comply with their tour guide's instructions.
To schedule a tour of the College contact the Dean's Office at 541-737-2098 or email@example.com.
Tours are also offered during our annual Pet Day. This day-long event is held every Spring and provides plenty of hands-on and educational opportunities for visitors. It features booths and demonstrations from local vendors and animal groups, contests, pony rides, a petting zoo, dog wash, wagon rides, a Kid Zone and many more fun and interesting activities.
Parking during your tour
Visitor parking is limited at our facilities. To obtain a parking permit, or for a map of metered parking, visit the Parking Services website.