The work you do at Oregon State’s Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine will prepare you to follow your passion, whether it’s animal or human health. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to providing you with individual attention and access to some of the Northwest’s most sophisticated diagnostic, rehabilitation and research facilities. The experiential learning opportunities you pursue – in Corvallis, Portland, and beyond – give you hands-on skills that go beyond the classroom, so that when you graduate you’ll be ready use your knowledge to create healthier, happier communities.   

The Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine offers academic programs in veterinary medicine (DVM) and comparative health sciences (master's and Ph.D.). Explore your options. 

CCVM offers students unique experiences that are not available anywhere else including:
CCVM is proud of our state-of-the-art facilities. We have the latest in sophisticated equipment for education and treatment including:
  • A 64-slice CT scanner

  • A 3-D echocardio unit

  • A small animal MRI

  • A high-speed treadmill for equine rehabilitation

  • Small animal rehabilitation and physiotherapy facilities

  • Multimedia classrooms

  • Fully equipped wet and dry laboratories


The Oregon State University Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine is fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association's Council on Education.

The North American Veterinary Licensing Examination, administered by the International Council for Veterinary Assessment since 2000, is a requirement for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in all licensing jurisdictions in the U.S. and Canada. You can learn more about the NAVLE at the following link: NAVLE

Notice of Availability

In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, Oregon State University publishes Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports. These reports include current security policies plus crime and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. Please email with questions about obtaining a paper copy or accessing previous reports.