scavma students

Join a student organization and enrich your life!

Being a member of a student organization at the Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine is a great way for you to meet people with common interests and be an active part of the OSU community and beyond.

Student Organizations: Please note that Student Organizations can change from year to year

To learn more about the individual clubs at CCVM.

Agriculture Animal and Theriogenology Club (2021-2022)
American Animal Hospital Association, Student Chapter
American Association of Equine Practitioners, Student Chapter (AAEP/SCAAEP) (2021-2022)
American Association of Feline Practitioners, Student Chapter
American College of Veterinary Pathology, Student Chapter (2021-2022)
American Veterinary Dentistry Society, Student Chapter
American Veterinary Medical Association, Student Chapter (SAVMA) (2021-2022)
Association of Asian Veterinary Medical Professionals (AAVMP) (2021-2022)
Broad Spectrum Veterinary Student Association
Camelid Medicine Club (CMC)
Canine Club
Christian Veterinary Fellowship (CVF) (2021-2022)
Ethics Club (2021-2022)
Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine Club
Integrative Veterinary Medicine Club (IVMC) (2021-2022)
International Veterinary Students Association (IVSA)
Laboratory Animal & Animal Research Club (LAARC) (2021-2022)
Latinx Veterinary Medical Association (LVMA) (2021-2022)
PRIDE Student Veterinary Medical Community (SVMC)  (2021-2022)
Radiology Club (2021-2022)
Shelter Medicine 
Student Ambassadors
Student Veterinary Emergency Critical Care Society (SVECCS) (2021-2022)
Surgery Club (2021-2022)
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine Club 
Veterinary Business Management Association (VBMA) (2021-2022)
Veterinary Ethics Club
Veterinarians as One Inclusive Community for Empowerment (VOICE)
World Aquatic Veterinary Medicine Association, Student Chapter (WAVMA) (2021-2022)
Zoo, Wildlife & Exotic Animal Medicine Club (ZWE) (2021-2022)
Veterinary Medicine Class Of XXXX: Each incoming class will elect class officers to represent the group for their four years at Vet Med. The officer positions include President/Co-Presidents, Treasurer, Secretary, Curriculum chair, Diversity chair and several other committee chairs. Elections are run during first year in October.

To be an OSU recognized student organization, the officers must register the organization and renew it each year.


How to start (or renew) an Student Organization:

1. Elect officers and find a faculty advisor.
2. Determine Student Organization category (University Student Org. or Affiliated Student Org.)
3. Write a constitution (or ask Dean's office for constitutions to reference)
4. Register via Ideal-Logic
5. Once the SO has approval, apply for an MU Student Organization Account. Fund raising activities, sponsorships, and SO dues (if applicable) are deposited into this account. The MU accounting office is the AABC.

For more information refer to the OSU Experiential Learning & Activities- Clubs & Organizations page! 


Helpful contacts:

Sara Smith, CCVM Dean's Office, 541-737-6779
Danté Holloway, Assistant Director for Student Organizations, 541-737-1562

Brittany Nefcy, Student Involvement Coordinator, 541-737-2917